Wednesday, September 18, 2013

A Bit of Inspiration


Whilst I was doing my outing and abouting at some of the local antique stores and thrift shops, I added a few more things to my horde of book-building materials. The thrift shop owners must think I'm completely mad at times. Whereas a normal customer would pick up a leather purse and check to see if the zipper works, there am I, muttering to myself, myopically squinting at every inch of the thing, mentally transforming it into a book or two. But I did come away with some very nice things.



Including this wonderful patchwork piece. An apron  made up of little bits of leftover material, all of it looking to be early 20th century vintage.  So now this apron, made up of recycled things, will have its pieces become part of my books. And so it goes.

1 comment:

  1. Ah the hunt and rescue! I also wonder what the the thrift shop think when I bring my treasures to the till. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...