Wednesday, October 2, 2013


On one of my recent foraging expeditions, I found this wonderful little creature. It's a vintage (early- to-mid 20th century, I'm thinking ) Moroccan leather wallet, very unassuming on the outside, but on the inside...


...turns out it's a place to keep neat your rail tickets, ship landing card, baggage checks, foreign money, etc.

 The kind of thing you would clutch in one hand as you stand on the deck of Mauritania, waving your hankie to friends on the dock. The air is full of excitement and the scent of hair pomade -- can't you just smell it? From there, on to Europe, and the Orient Express and further adventures. So thrilling!

Anyway, for the last few days, I've been working my magic on this little guy, giving it a new life and hopefully further exotic escapades by transforming it into a travel journal. Stay tuned for pictures...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...